Felissimo's Philosophy Regarding Protection of Personal Information
Felissimo is a direct marketing company, which produces various kinds of goods, services and projects, and delivers them directly to our customers, aiming to create a happy society through our business activities. As part of our operations and the operations of our related companies, we gather certain types of information about our users through our Website. Your Personal Information is important to us, and we consider proper management and protection of that information essential to our business activities and social responsibility. Thus, we have established the following Policy Regarding Protection of Personal Information in connection with this Website.
Felissimo's Policy Regarding Protection of Personal Information
- We will comply with the laws and guidelines established by the Japanese Government regarding our collection and handling of Personal Information. In addition, we will establish a Personal Information management system conforming to the Japanese Industrial Standards "Requirements for Personal Information Management System (JIS Q15001)" to appropriately protect your information.
- When we use or acquire Personal Information, we will specify the purpose for its use. We will not use Personal Information that we have acquired, in a manner that exceeds the scope necessary for achievement of its specified purpose (i.e., we will not use Personal Information for any other unstated purpose). We will take appropriate management action in order to prevent use for purposes other than those specified.
- We will collect and use Personal Information as set forth below in the section regarding "the protection and handling of customers' Personal Information," and will only use or share your Personal Information with third parties when (a) we believe you have consented to such sharing or use, (b) the use or sharing is reasonably necessary to offer and deliver our services and products at the Website or in the marketplace, or (c) if we are ordered or obligated to do so by law. For example, we will use or share Personal Information in order to process payments and deliver orders to you, or to send you direct mail or emails about your order(s) or the Website.
- If you have a complaint or inquiry about your Personal Information, please contact us; we have procedures in place to promptly investigate and respond to inquiries or complaints we receive.
- Your Personal Information is kept in files that are reasonably inaccessible by persons outside our company. Access within the company is generally limited to the employees who have a need to know such information.
- We will, from time to time, review our systems regarding the protection of Personal Information and may update our procedures and technology to help protect it.
Established: July 1, 2004
Amended: September 11, 2007
Kazuhiko Yazaki, Representative Director and President
With regard to the protection and handling of customers' Personal Information and Aggregate Information
1. There are two categories of information we can obtain about you in connection with the Website:
a) Personal Information: Personal Information is any information that personally or specifically identifies you. Personal Information, in general, can include, without limitation, your first and last name, address, telephone number, age, gender and/or e-mail address, depending upon what you provide to us through the Website, or otherwise. Unless you provide this information to us, we do not collect Personal Information. We may also collect e-mail addresses from users who send us support mail or request technical or other help, which information enables us to improve our Website, customer or potential customer database, or services in order to make our products better available.
b) Aggregate Information: Aggregate Information is anonymous data that we may use to diagnose problems on our Website's servers, administer our Website, determine the regions from which users access our site, and to help improve the quality of our Web pages and direct our advertising, product development and other promotional efforts. This type of information may be, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, domain, service provider information, and other similar information.
2. Use of Information.
For example, we may share your Personal Information with third parties in order to: (a) deliver our products or services, or our group companies' products or services, to you, (b) process or collect payment from you and manage matters after the relevant transaction; (c) send direct mail or e-mail to you to promote Felissimo's or its group companies' products or services that we feel will be useful to you; (d) send promotional catalogues, free samples or direct mail from other companies, that Felissimo considers proper; and (e) conduct research and development, customer questionnaires, or polls for improving or developing products or services.
We may use the Aggregate Information we collect for advertising and promotional purposes, and we may share such information with a third-party company to create statistical data in order to evaluate market or social trends, target advertisements about goods and services we feel may be of interest to you, and we may also use Aggregate Information in any way we use Personal Information.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Apart from the sharing and use of information set forth above, Felissimo will not disclose your Personal Information unless it is required to do so by applicable law, pursuant to an order or decision of a judicial or administrative body, or in response to a subpoena.
In the event that Felissimo uses third parties to carry out its services, we will select such companies in accordance with its prescribed standards. If working with such third parties requires us to disclose Personal Information, we will only disclose that information reasonably necessary to carry out our services to you, and will enter into an agreement with such third parties calling for the appropriate protection of your Personal Information.
Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and it is possible that third parties who are not under our control may intercept or access transmissions or data unlawfully and/or without our knowledge. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guaranty or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and like most data transmitted over the internet, any such transmission is done at your own risk. The best we, or almost any Website can do, is make reasonable efforts, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, alteration or corruption.
4. Correction, Deletion & Modification of Personal Information
If we receive a request from you seeking disclosure or correction of your Personal Information, we will take action in conformity with our internal policies to reasonably and promptly provide such information or correct it after confirming your identity.
Depending on the scope of the request or amendment, Felissimo may charge a fee for this service. If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact the Felissimo Customer Service Center in Hong Kong.
5. Failure to Provide Felissimo with Required Personal Information
Please note that we require certain Personal Information for the proper operation of our Website and providing services and products to our customers. If you fail to fully or correctly submit certain Personal Information that we deem necessary to properly operate the Website or offer our services and products, it may not be practicable to provide you with our services or products, and you may be prohibited from using the Website.
(Contact information regarding inquiry of Personal Information)
Customers may contact the following with respect to inquiries regarding Personal Information.
Felissimo Customer Service Center (Hong Kong): https://gc.felissimo.jp/inquiry.php?lang_id=en
Felissimo Corporation Privacy Commissioner for Personal data : Director General Manager
* Information sent by customers that do not identify the sender, such as anonymous or pseudonymous posts or responses to questionnaires or polls, do not fall under the definition of Personal Information, and may be used for any purpose.
We may further use web beacon or tracking pixels or similar technologies in order to provide services through our Website. Information collected through such technologies will be used only as Aggregate Information.
* Children's Privacy. This Website is not for use by any individuals under the age of 15, and we do not collect Personal Information from persons younger than 15 years of age.
* Felissimo was granted use of the "Privacy Mark" by Japan Information Processing Development Corporation in August of 2005.